Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any idea how to get a game manufactured?  (Read 1844 times)
cthorp57
Tourist

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »

Hello!

I've been developing games based on Accelerated Learning and NLP techniques to use with my Special Needs Maths students and I want to get them manufactured so that other schools can use them.

So far I've had a prototype made and I need to find a manufacturer who will give me a unit cost price to see if this is a viable business. I've tried the internet without a great deal of luck and having listened to one of Michael's radio programmes I've decided to ask as many people as I can if they have any ideas. This seemed like a good place to start! I'm in London but location needn't be a problem.

If you've got any ideas or advice I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks
Catherine
Jay Budzynski
Guide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »

Hi

This is something that is out of my knowing, so please forgive its scrappy and unclearness of my reply.

Ok first do you have all your work copy righted? If not you need to make sure that this is done, otherwise there could be a possibility someone could nick your code and work.

Check out sites like www.download.com do a search for educational games and jot down the companies that publish the programmes.

Then visit their web sites, and send them an e-mail with a basic overview of what you have created, and ask them if they would be interested. Also ask How there got started out, and how there got there first brake.

Check out companies like Nightingale-Conant http://www.nightingale.com/
 And http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/index.php who might be able to give you better quality advice on how to get started.

I am assuming publishing a game would be very much like publishing where you would have to send a copy of your script/game to publishers. So that might mean you might have to create a test mode based game that you are happy to let people play with. Something that just popped into my mind is you might be able to get your game published via download.com in a test mode for mat.

Then e-mail educational authorities and asked to give it a test for you. And you might get lucky and some funding via an educational body. Also check out places like dyslexic and special needs educational centers.

Well I don’t know if any of this is helpful

Yet I wish you ever bit of luck and success

Jay 

If you ever want to say hi via skype my user name is jay.budzynski
cthorp57
Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 04:38:46 AM »

Smiley Thanks Jay. Some usefull stuff here.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Copyright 2010 Genius Catalyst, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Design and Maintenence by TLC for Coaches